Friday, October 7, 2011

Our First Mosaic

Today was our first day of organized ministry activities. We had our first English Conversational Club, Mosaic. When we woke up, the weather had changed. It was no longer beautiful, blue, sunny skies. This morning the sky was gray, dreary, and raining. And of course the first thing we were supposed to do is handout flyers for Mosaic. We waited a little bit in hopes the rain would stop, but sadly it did not. So we bundled up and headed out. Even with the dreary weather God blessed our efforts. All we had to do is hand people little flyers that tell about our club, and hope they would come. For me this type of assignment is very difficult because I am an introvert that does not want to bother people. However, God is changing me in a lot of ways, including telling me that introvert or not, I am still required to share with people. Even though I was not telling all of these people about Jesus on the spot, I was doing this to hopefully get them to come to the club; so I could create a relationship, and share with them. As I was walking to the place where we were to hand out flyers, I was constantly praying for God to give me strength to ask people if they want to come. I knew the hardest part for me would be the rejection, and I got a lot of rejection. But I started to realize that they are not rejecting me personally. And then I realized that a rejection does not mean I failed. Instead a rejection meant I had a piece of paper for someone else to take. God was amazing at changing my attitude and being with me during this time. But He did not stop there. He went on to bless me by having three girls stop and ask me about it. It was so amazing! I know that God’s hand was completely in that situation. Because it was cold and raining and in Poland most people do not stop to talk to you on the street or anywhere, they mind their own business and get to their destination. God was so good!!

Tonight, we left to prepare and have club. Again I was nervous about how it was going to go. I realized I would have to be super outgoing, of which the mere thought of that was exhausting. So I started to pray. I started to ask God to give me strength, wisdom, and comfort. I kept repeating the verse “’Not by might nor by power, but by my Spirit,’ says the Lord.” And reminded myself that nothing I could do would be by my strength or power but it would be by God’s Spirit within me. That was so encouraging because I knew by my own means I would be exhausted, have nothing good to say, and never make it. But with God, the possibilities were endless. We had a great turn out. We had a volunteer team there to help us and add some extra English speakers. Then two of the three girls, that the Lord blessed me with an opportunity to talk to, came!! I was so excited. I was so glad to have them come. I was also able to talk to many other girls and hopefully will be able to see them again. I am very excited to get to know some Polish girls and have friendships form.

I am so thankful that God has blessed me in so many ways. I think it is just amazing that God took someone like me and allowed me to talk to so many people, handout flyers, be rejected, and not take anything personally. If He can do that with me, anything is possible. Thank you so much for all your prayers. We will be doing this every Friday night; so, hopefully, I will be able to make new friends and meet all kinds of people.    

1 comment:

  1. oh bulds, this is beautiful. i especially feel the realizing you have to share, introvert or not, and especially/in spite of the personality differences. Also, seeing rejection of offers as an opportunity...that is a powerful message as well. Thank you for these words and insights!

    ReplyDelete