Sunday, August 7, 2011

Evangelism Opportunity

Yesterday, Stephen and I went to town in an attempt to share our testimonies and hopefully invite someone into the family of Christ. This was the first time I had ever gone out to evangelize. I was scared! Scared I was not going to be bold enough and then scared of actually sharing with a complete and random stranger. God provided two opportunities for me to start a conversation with two women, but I was not given the opportunity to share my testimony. And He provided Stephen the opportunity to share with a guy, but the guy was already a Christian. After the experience, I left feeling defeated. I set myself a goal of sharing my testimony with one person, and I did not do it. I felt weak, undeserving, and ashamed. Satan was really pushing defeat my way. After sharing in the mall, we headed over to Wal-Mart to pick up a few items.  While we were there I saw someone I had met earlier that morning when I had gone to get my blood drawn to figure out my blood type. While at the doctor’s office, I met this lady, but I did not have a chance to talk because she had to leave. But as we are walking through Wal-Mart here God shows me the same lady. So I stopped, asked her if she made it to her appointment on time, and then was able to start having a conversation. She was from Malawi and already a believer. But her story inspired me, and she was encouragement straight from God. God is so great, it ends up her best friend is Polish and a speech pathologist. So we exchanged information and she gave me her friend’s information. My hope is to be able to contact this lady and see if she would be willing to give me Polish lessons while I am still in the States. The day did not go as I had envisioned, but God is loving, faithful, and more than we deserve. He provided opportunities, guidance, and boldness. And then He provided hope and encouragement when Satan had knocked me down! I am so thankful to serve such a loving, considerate, and personal God!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, don't love it when you get to experience those kind of moments when it's undeniably 100% God there just putting His arms around you! I loved reading this story and hearing about your encouragement! Love you!

    ReplyDelete