Monday, August 1, 2011

Personal Prayer Application

I know I already posted one thing today, but today has been a big Monday for God demonstrating and teaching me so here I am posting two things! We have an assignment coming up that I have been confused about and honestly stressed about. So one of my new philosophies is when I am stressed I am trying too hard to take control of something and I need to turn it over to the Lord. Once I turn it over to the Lord, He will take care of it. Well that sounds like a great theory, but what does that actually look like in practice? For me it took the form of realizing my anxious thoughts about this assignment and instead of being anxious I need to be in prayer and petition about everything (Philippians 4:6). So I started praying about it, asking God to take control, to work out the whole situation, and to show me the answer. But I am going to be honest I did not really think He would. A big part of the assignment is finding an accountability partner. Well I wanted to go out there, find a partner, and figure it all out myself, but I couldn’t it. So anytime I tried to pick it back up and get stressed about it, I tried to take a breath and pray. Sadly, I still did not believe, but I kept praying for faith and for God to show me that He would take care of this. Well guess what, He did take care of it. Today during a break someone approached me and had talked to everyone else and asked if I would like to be their accountability partner. Since I had put it in God’s hands, I knew that this is what He wanted and I did not have to worry about anything! It was so amazing. I know God being a perfect and almighty God did not have to take time to teach me, reassure me, and show me love by answering my prayer even in the midst of my disbelief, but He did! How amazing is that? What is an awesome thing that God has done for you or showed you today?    

No comments:

Post a Comment