Thursday, August 4, 2011

Zapped!

I am so zapped! I started with goals of recreating all the amazing things they have been teaching us. Sharing all the ways we have been challenged, but the computer decided to not work. So instead of trying to fix it, I went for a run. We are supposed to exercise three times a week while we are here. Usually I walk. But being so exhausted, I wanted to do something quick. So my goal was to just run the whole mile. While I ran, I just poured all my weariness out to God. I told Him the desires of my heart. I told him about my frustrations and failures. And about half-way through, my legs started getting heavy, my belly started aching and I just said God please do not let me fail one more goal. And you know what happened? This slow and steady breeze started to roll through the trees and glide over my face. It was so amazing. God was meeting me, a horrible sinner, in my weariness. I felt so encouraged! I felt like God was reminding me that He was right there, cheering me on, giving me strength, and telling me that He was not going to forsake me. I am so glad that we have a God that does not grow weary! Tonight, with God’s help, my goal is to be in bed by 8:30. So hopefully tomorrow I will be able to tell you all things we have learned. Where are some places God has met you?

No comments:

Post a Comment