Monday, August 8, 2011

Prayer Requests


Yesterday, I was informed that there is a little boy named Josiah who is seven years old and has stage-4 lymphoma. He is going to St. Jude’s for medical attention. After hearing this, I was struck with grief. I cannot imagine how these parents are handling carrying for their ill son while still having two other small ones. I cannot fathom the fear and anxiety they must be experiencing. There is a group on facebook that is pray for Josiah, and I am amazed at how many people are taking up arms to pray for this family and this little boy. I know I have been trying to tell as many people as I know. Seeing the response on facebook, gave me the idea to write a blog about some other prayer requests that have been on my heart and mind. One of them is the famine in the horn of Africa. Another is the economy of the United States right now. I am honored that God has blessed us with the opportunity to unite together all over the world and pray for these needs. I have learned about the power and importance of prayer. So my challenge to you is pray for these requests. Let’s take them to God in persistent prayer. It will not be because of whom we are or what we own or even what we do that He answers, it will be because we are persistent! Also are there any other requests that you may have? I would love to take those to the Lord with you. Thank you for your diligence and persistence before the Lord. Prayer is POWERFUL! The only one that will try to tell you that prayer is not powerful is Satan. God is faithful and He desires to be in communication with us, what a blessing!!!

1 comment:

  1. Traci we will pray for this little boy, Josiah, and his family! Is this a family you know personally?

    ReplyDelete