Monday, July 18, 2011

How Do You Say Goodbye?

This weekend was definitely filled with mixed emotions. Both happy times and sad times, it has been a whirlwind weekend. The weekend started with a great time hanging out with wonderful friends. We had delicious Thia food, board games, and lots of laughter! Saturday morning we continued with the good times celebrating the first birthday of a precious baby. We sadly concluded Saturday with moving, packing, and saying good bye. We really appreciate those who were able to help and the support that they provided. I never realized how exhausting emotions can be until now. I think I have spent the whole weekend going from laughter to tears and at the end of each day feeling completely drained! Sunday was not as emotional as Saturday, and not nearly as stressful. We had a wonderful lunch with some friends from church and were able to get some pointers on tuning up the car. Then I was able to have an amazing girls' night out, laughing, shopping, and picture taking! But it seemed to go by so fast. Now here I am Monday morning, on four hours of sleep, and wondering how I can see and spend time with everyone I know and love before leaving Sunday, while trying to pack and finalize the details of moving. I am so grateful for the opportunity to see my friends and family, but in the back of my mind I realize the days are running out. In six days, we will be driving to Richmond and leaving so much of what I have known behind. I do not know how to grasp that concept. I know there is an exciting adventure ahead and I know this is the direction that God is leading. But the challenge still remains: How do you say goodbye?

1 comment: