Monday, July 25, 2011

Our Whirlwind Week

Within a week, everything has changed. Since last Monday, the 18th, Stephen and I celebrated our two year wedding anniversary with a pyszne (which means delicious in Polish) dinner at Olive Garden. Then Tuesday, I finished working with the one year old little boy. On Wednesday, I had a fantastically fun day with some friends at the water park in Travelers Rest, which unfortunately caused my friend some discomfort later as she got extremely sunburned! Ouch! But she was such a trooper! She stayed Wednesday night to help me pack until 1:30 in the morning! Such a great friend! Thank you so much! Then on Thursday I had some eye appointment adventures, which caused frustration on my part. I mean which doctor agency does not mention that they have two offices? But later that day I was able to spend the day talking and laughing with a great friend from college. Then that night we were able to eat at Red Lobster, which is one of my favorite places ever! Thank you pal for the girls’ dinner out, it meant the world to me! Then on Friday, my husband and I were up around 4am to finish packing everything up and cleaning everything out, unfortunately that morning our air conditioning decided to break! So we were moving and cleaning in 90 degrees, which really makes you appreciate air conditioning! But at 1pm we turned in our keys and by 2pm the cars were loaded and we were out of there for lunch with Stephen’s sister. Saturday we had back-to-back farewell parties. This was an especially emotional day. By 7pm we were both exhausted! We were blessed by so many that it touched our hearts and brought an avalanche of tears. Thank you so much to all of our friends, family, and support team, the way you believe in us and pray for us means more then you can ever know. While we are terrified that we may not succeed or that we will fail, knowing that you believe in us so much and support us so much gives us the strength to continue to try to succeed. We love you guys and cannot imagine taking this journey without your love, prayers, and support. Thank you to all of our friends and family who helped with the parties and to all of our friends, co-workers, and family who sacrificed their time to come and tell us goodbye. We love you will miss you! On Sunday, Stephen and I went to church with my mom, and then left right after church. I thought we were heading to check-in and start the new chapter, but Stephen had other plans! He had booked us a room at a quaint and charming bed-and-breakfast in colonial Williamsburg! It was amazing! And what was even better is that I had no idea until we were pulling in the driveway! It was a wonderful surprise! And it was extremely nice to close one chapter and start another one in a fresh and exciting way. We were able to explore Williamsburg, eat at a local restaurant where they dressed the part, and then enjoy our wonderful air conditioned room. And to wrap up this extremely long post, today, we left Williamsburg and checked in at the Learning Center that will be home for the next 8 weeks. We have unpacked, met some new friends, and have already been overwhelmed at the assignments we have to complete while we are here. Now that I have easier internet access, I will be able to post more frequently, which will lead to shorter posts. Thank you so much for all the prayers you are sending our way. Satan is definitely already trying to attack and discourage us in this journey and your prayers are keeping us diligent and perseverant. Thank you for your faithfulness and obedience to God’s will. We love you guys and look forward to sharing all the things God is doing!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Traci, I can't wait to hear more about Stephen's awesome surprise for you that I found out Justin knew about today! I love you and hope you have an amazing day tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete