Thursday, July 28, 2011

The Power of Love!

We have been in class two days now. Yesterday, God spoke to me in two different situations that I would like to share with you. The first was during my quiet time. God impressed upon my heart Mark 11: 24: “Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.”  The verse struck my heart because it reminded me of the power in our prayers. All we have to do is ask and believe that God will answer and it will be given. As we prepare to go to the nations, I am reminded of the importance and power of prayer. I think in my day to day life I forget the power and impact prayer has. To respond to this amazing reminder, I am trying to make my prayers detailed, sincere, and focused. Instead of just passing up a general prayer of please be with the nations. I am trying to think of specific people groups, needs, and opportunities I can pray for. I am also creating a prayer warrior system of friends and family to pray for me one day a week.  Then in class a professor reminded me of the power of unity, not just in a family or marriage, but in every relationship that we have. Whether with coworkers, friends, supervisors, roommates, etc. these relationships require unity. Jesus talks about this type of unity in John 17 when He prays for believers. Jesus talks about the importance of unity for spreading the gospel to the lost. However, unity requires hard work. When we have disagreements with friends, spouses, or colleagues, we have to go to that person in love and explain our feelings and hardships, we have to work at preserving and fostering our relationships so that unity in Christ can be reached and so the gospel can be spread. The lost are going to know we are Christians by how we love one another. Today, I was excited about the opportunity and the possibility to save people. As Christians we have the power to save someone. We can change their life forever! That is amazing! What a blessing and powerful task God has appointed all of us with. And I think the first step in saving the lost is demonstrating Christ’s power in our belief and in our love for one another.   

No comments:

Post a Comment