Friday, July 15, 2011

I have the BEST husband ever!

Yesterday, I worked from 7:45-5:45 watching an energetic one year old. After leaving work, I rushed to the gym to do what I thought would be a fun, some-what easy workout class. I was wrong. I actually walked in to a weightlifting class! Yikes! Since I did not read the description, I was in for a big surprise when I noticed that almost all of our exercise were with a weight bar. One hour later, me and my friend Bethany shakily walked out of the gym. I headed home to what I thought was going to be a night of fixing dinner, making lunches, breaking down the bed in our guest bedroom, and preparing for Friday. I was exhausted thinking of all that I had to do as well as what I have to accomplish in the next 9 days before moving. My body was exhausted form the workout as well as hungry for dinner. So I get home, make dinner and then Stephen and I go out to McDonald's for a wonderful $1.00 caramel sundae and a short car ride. When we get back home he runs upstairs while I stay in the kitchen to finish cleaning up dinner dishes and start on those lunches. As soon as he gets up there, I hear this banging, and wonder what in the world he is doing up there. It turns out that he had almost the whole bed taken apart before I got home from working out and was just finishing up! Five minutes later he carries all the pieces down, and tries to push them out the way for me. I was so amazed. He has been so thoughtful and kind during this process. He has allowed me to go see friends, spend the night with the girls, plan almost every single second we have left here seeing friends and family, and he has also helped by packing, breaking down, and cleaning what he can. I feel so blessed to have such an amazing husband!

1 comment:

  1. I know to read the description of the class to you now before we go!!! That class kicked my hiney!!! And thank you Stephen so much for allowing us to have so much time to have fun together before you guys leave!!! Love you both!!!

    ReplyDelete