Friday, July 29, 2011

Lets Not Be Sleeping

This morning during my quiet time, I read Mark 13. In this chapter, Jesus discusses the signs of the end age with His disciples. Reading this passage as a child would have caused me anxiety and fear. Now, however, I am pushed towards urgency.  Urgency to keep watch! I am encouraged to reach out to those seeking, to find the lost, to help and save them. I am pressed towards action! I want to change eternity for the lost. One thing I learned last night about sharing the gospel was praying for the words and wisdom from the Holy Spirit. Mark 13:11 tells us this exactly: “do not worry beforehand about what to say. Just say whatever is given to you at the time, for it is not you speaking, but the Holy Spirit.” An example of this passage in my life is the concept of a prayer walk. Last night a friend explained that often times when it comes to sharing the gospel we do not have the time or the opportunity to create a relationship and then share. Sometimes we have to share on the spot. Unfortunately, sharing my testimony is a foreign concept because my old circle consisted mainly of believers, which was a great encouragement but not an opportunity for sharing with the lost. Now I am being pushed to go to Wal-Mart, walk around praying for the Holy Spirit to show me the lost (a prayer walk), and then give me the words of wisdom. I am terrified that I will not be bold enough. But I also know that I do not want to be caught by the Lord of the universe sleeping. I want to be out there sharing, growing, learning, and helping! My prayer is that we can all pray for those opportunities and then be bold enough to take them when we are given them! Mark 13: 35-36: “Therefore keep watch because you do not know when the owner of the house will come back…If he comes suddenly, do not let Him find you sleeping.”  

No comments:

Post a Comment