Saturday, September 24, 2011

Our Journey So Far..

Last night and early this morning I realized firsthand the impact of spiritual warfare. As Stephen and I prepared to leave, Satan was hitting us with everything he had. He was definitely trying to break us. It all started Friday when we were both stressed beyond measure trying to finish all the last minute items that had to be completed before us leaving: scanning documents, trying to set-up magic jack, emailing, etc. While we worked effortlessly to get everything done, time seemed to be speeding by. Before we knew it, it was 4:30 and we each had somewhere to be at 5:30 and nowhere near ready to leave. I had to mail some packages, and Stephen had to pick up his brother from the bus station. With the help of some loving grandparents and God’s amazing provision, we were able to accomplish both tasks and then meet up for dinner. After dinner is when the battle got really fierce. We were out practicing driving with Stephen’s brother, and while we were in a parking lot, after stalling out, the car would not start. After many attempts, we had to call the grandparents for some assistance. We pushed the car into a spot and left it for the night. After running some errands, we make it home. However, our night was just beginning. For the next five hours we packed, weighed, repacked, and weighed, until at 4:30am when we had all of our bags at the perfect weight. During these five hours, I broke down multiple times. I was so discouraged, so hopeless, so defeated. I was exhausted, but could not sleep. I was overwhelmed, but could not relax. Finally, I had to tell God that I surrendered. I surrendered having it packed just right. I surrendered me having to be the one who packed it. I stepped back, took a forty minute nap, and helped Stephen finish the daunting task. With two hours of sleep, we were awake again. Stephen went to fix the car, and I went to finish packing, cleaning, and getting ready to go. Here is where the story changes, this is where Satan is defeated and God is glorified!

When Stephen went to start the car, it started after the second try! Praise the Lord! From this point on God’s grace, love, and mercy just kept pouring on. We were spared from having to pay a tow truck because Stephen was able to drive the car to get a new battery. We were spared from having to send Jacob back to school empty handed. We were blessed with the ability to get him everything he needed to get back to school. God lovingly gave me the strength needed to pack everything else up, clean the apartment, and prepare for the day on two hours of sleep and nothing to eat. (As some of you may know a BIG miracle for me, due to my charming personality and ability with lack of food and sleep;) With God’s grace we were able to pack, clean, and prepare everything with fifteen minutes to spare. The shuttle was on time, and we had a peaceful drive to the airport. When we walked in the airport, we were met with the beautiful satisfaction of no lines at check-in. Then this is where God blows me away with His provisions! All of our luggage was 49.something or 50.0! Talk about a miracle! We paid exactly what we thought we would have to pay for our luggage. And the person helping us was so kind and helpful. Then as we progressed to security again no lines! Praise God! We were not rushed as we had to unpack computers, pockets, and other odds and ends. We were able to nicely pack them all back and walk on through security. Now we are waiting to board our first flight to Washington. I wanted to write to thank you all for praying, and to show you the power and importance of prayer. Because of your faithfulness and diligence in praying God has given us a renewed strength in some of our physically weakest points. He has provided us with some amazing provisions. He has taken care of everything! He is truly an amazing God worthy of all our praise! And He gave us the blessing of sharing with our shuttle driver. He is a loving God that takes care of His children. I am so glad that Jesus Christ has won the battle and those set against us could not stop us, if God is for us NO ONE can be against us!! Thank you for your faithfulness and support. I will continue to write to let you know of the rest of our journey. We miss you and appreciate you so much!!! PRAISE THE LORD!!

1 comment:

  1. I am so proud of what a strong godly woman you are. I cant believe you're actually finally going to Poland today. I miss you so much already and have already cried so much and I'm sure will cry more but I pray for you every day and know God will use you for amazing things. Love you so much!

    ReplyDelete