Friday, September 16, 2011

Washington DC


Yesterday, we traveled with our team to Washington DC. We were given assignments to observe, pray, help, and engage internationals. While it was a long day filled with many interesting adventures, it was clearly a day that the Lord was working. One of the biggest ways God spoke to my heart was in the form of answered prayers and personal miracles. We had planned to venture into embassies to try to talk to internationals from the countries our team was planning to travel to. As we are walking down embassy lane, we are seeing all these embassies with tall impenetrable iron gates. They are fortresses of protection for their nationals. As we approach closer, we start strategizing how we are going to try to penetrate those fortresses. In my head, I am thinking this is impossible! But then I start praying as I am walking. I tell God I am sorry for my unbelief. I ask Him to not let my lack of faith hinder anyone in my group. I definitely do not want to be one of the guys telling Joshua and Caleb that we cannot get to the Promise Land because the giants walls and people are too scary. So instead of focusing on the impossible, I start asking God for an open door. I ask Him to show us a person to welcome us. I ask Him to show me a personal miracle that those giant gates mean nothing to Him and the Promise Land is within reach. As we approach the embassy, it has a big, black, iron gate surrounding the premise. But as we walk around to the front some service men are leaving and while the gate is open, we walk right in. As we go in the front door, we explain why we are there and the clerk says they are closed but come on in. So we come in and for the next thirty minutes he tells us about his home country, his favorite foods, holidays, and even his religion. We are blessed with an opportunity to tell him about our beliefs as well. While he was not open to us praying for him, he was very glad we were going to his country because he felt there was a need there. As we left, I was personally amazed at the miracle God revealed to me. By His love and power, we were able to freely walk in, find an open person that we could share with, and learn a lot about an amazing country. I am once again amazed at how personal and amazing God is!! I am so glad to have such a loving, personal, amazing God to call Father. While there was a lot of hopelessness and despair in DC, I know that God is not done with that city. And I am going to try to pray once a month for the city, the people, and the government there. What are some ways that God has amazed you?
I tried to add some pictures from the trip but I had the hardest time trying to get them on blogspot. So I added some to our http://edworthyedition.wordpress.com/ Please feel free to check them out there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment