Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Promises from God

Thank you so much for all the prayers last week. We survived contingency training and learned a lot. In my quiet times, I have been reading in Romans. And I have not been able to connect, understand, or relate to all the lectures Paul has been giving. As a result of my inability to comprehend, I have felt very dry and not as connected to the Lord. So I was talking with my accountability partner asking for advice about what I should do when I am in the dark, cold winter of Poland and feeling like I am in the dry, hot desserts in my relationship with the Lord. She gave me some books and ideas. But I was praying and desiring for the Lord to speak to me while I was here and encouraging me that I can thrive here as well as there. And then yesterday He did. I read Romans 8. And I felt God speaking promises straight into my heart and life. I thought I would share some of those promises with you. In Romans 8:31b, 35, 38-39- “If God is for us, who can be against us?...Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardships or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword?...For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation will be able to separate us from the love of God that is Christ Jesus our Lord.” This was a battle cry for my heart. As children of God, God is for us and with that promise follows the knowledge that nothing will succeed against us while we are following Him. And then to read further to know that NOTHING can separate us from the love of God that guides us. These promises spoke directly to my dry heart. They reminded me that God was fighting for us and with us. He is preparing us all for a great work. And in that preparation, sometimes surviving the dry desserts makes us stronger for the dark, rough, turbulent storms that may lie ahead. Some of the storms we might be facing are coming up quick. In seventeen days, we will depart for the amazing journey in Krakow Poland. And just as we see storms in Greenville, SC, we will see storms In Krakow, Poland. During those storms, I am hoping that I will recall some of the promises that God has spoken into my heart. What are some of the promises God has spoken to you? What were some of the ways you tried to remember or live by these promises? I am trying to memorize them and apply them, but I would love to learn from you. So if you have any advice, promises, or methods please share. If you are having trouble commenting and would like to send something more personal, please email me at traciedworthy@gmail.com. As a side note, we are getting our webpage set up. Some stuff is already on it but if you are interested in checking it out it is: http://edworthyedition.wordpress.com/. Eventually we will link this blog to that webpage so that all of our communication will be interlinked. Thank you for all of your support, prayers, and love. If you have anyone who you would like to share or pass our information on to, please do. We love you all!  

No comments:

Post a Comment